Archive for May, 2009
The guys from www.minimamente.com were kind enough to contribute this logo for Kludgets.
This release contains the plugin feature. Which would allow widgets using custom plugins to run, provided a Window port of the plugin is available.
This screenshot shows the iStatNano running.
Warning: This is a little bit of a technical post.
When a widget is installed by the engine, it will prompt you to grant access permissions. There are a lot of widgets that will require system commands. They usually come in the form of shell commands like:
A few days after the first beta release, Kludget Engine has a couple thousand downloads. That’s motivation enough to continue working on the engine.
One feature that’s repeatedly requested through email and comments is the F12 hotkey. It will definitely be included in the feature list.
- F12 Hotkey – to show and hide the widgets
- WidgetDock – a widget manager widget
- Animations and Effects – not a priority for now
- Plugins – QT-based to make it really easy to create. I’ve sample codes of the dashboard’s plugins, really messy.
- More widgets – include a larger set of default widgets. dictionary, calendar, maps, system stats.
- Linux – because it’s QT based, we could easily make a linux version of the engine. Or even a MacOS version. (Thanks QT and Nokia)
What other features do you think should be included?